Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Help Me Find My Neighbors!

Foreclosed Florence Home in My Neighborhood, Mercer Lake Heights--There's a lonely home looking for a family. Yup, the home directly across the street from me--I live in Mercer Lake Heights--is empty, has been for a whole year, the unfortunate result of a foreclosure. The neighborhood I live in is great, and not just because I live there. It's quiet, it has a family of deer and a family of black bear, all the neighbors know one another, nearly everyone has a dog or a cat, it's in the county--no city taxes--but it's only 10 minutes from Old Town's great boutiques, restaurants and our gorgeous little harbor. And--hard to believe--our homeowner's association owns a dock and picnic area on Mercer Lake, one of the area's most sought after lakes for its beauty and great fishing. A few steps away from this home is an open space with a couple of chairs perched on the edge of the ridge. The lot is owned by the next door neighbors but he and his wife let everyone snug up with their honey and drink in the beauty of the Northwest, the lake and the towering trees. The home is about 1500 square feet, simple ranch style, sunken living room, plenty of kitchen cabinets and a sunny south facing deck. What more could you ask for? This cute foreclosed home is listed for $155,000 but no doubt you could get it for less. So if you want to know more about banana belt living in Mercer Lake Heights and what it means, let me know. I'll even share a banana with you, my treat! www.oregonflorencerealestate.com www.twitter.Florence_OR.com